Platinum Solutions Processing
We have a combined 50 years of experience in the automotive industry ranging from roles as the chief financial officer, finance manager, and principal owner. These roles led to constant dissection of financial statements and methods to maximize revenue and reduce expenses in the industry. This uncovered the cash discount program.
The Cash Discount Program allows the merchant processor to pass on the increasing expense of credit card processing to the consumer. Essentially it is a price increase that is not passed on to the customers paying cash. This process when implemented correctly is legal in all 50 states.
The Cash Discount
- The Cash Discount Program is a process allowing the business owner to eliminate his merchant service fees.
- The Cash Discount Program is essentially a price increase that is not extended to those customers paying cash. By doing this your posted rates will turn into the rate for those who pay cash.
- Cash discount programs when implemented correctly are legal in all 50 states per the Durbin Amendment which states that businesses are permitted to offer a discount to customers as an incentive for paying with cash.
How It Works
$100 x 4% = $4 I $100 + $4 = $104
$104 x 0.3846% = $~4
How Will My Customers React?
- The percentage added to each transaction has minimal impact on the individual customer. The savings for you, the business owner, is quite significant.
- The cash discount program is being implemented in thousands of businesses across the country. It is an ever-expanding practice as business owners seek to maximize revenue and reduce expenses. The customer sees this already in state and federal programs where it has been implemented for decades. Whether it is a driver’s license renewal, college tuition payment or any other state or federal payment made by credit card, a fee is charged to cover the merchant processing.
- The customer is already accustomed to seeing these fees. It is seen as nothing more than a small price to pay for the convenience of using a credit card and to maximize the particular rewards program associated with the customer’s card.