Platinum Solutions Processing
We have a combined 50 years of experience in the automotive industry ranging from roles as the chief financial officer, finance manager, and principal owner. These roles led to the constant dissection of financial statements and methods to maximize revenue and reduce expenses in the industry. This uncovered the cash discount program.
The Cash Discount Program allows the merchant processor to pass on the increasing expense of credit card processing to the consumer. Essentially it is a price increase that is not passed on to the customers paying cash. Opportunities exist in a wide range of industries such as restaurants, cosmetic surgeons, hotels, and more to access the cash discount and dramatically reduce costs associated with credit card processing fees. This process, when implemented correctly, is legal in all 50 states.
The Cash Discount
- The Cash Discount Program is a process allowing the business owner to eliminate the fees associated with credit card processing.
- The Cash Discount Program essentially serves as a penalty for using a credit card rather than paying for the goods or services with cash. Your posted rates will be the cash-paying rates.
- Cash discount programs, when implemented correctly, are legal in all 50 states per the Durbin Amendment which states that businesses are permitted to offer a discount to customers as an incentive for paying with cash.
How It Works
$100 x 4% = $4 I $100 + $4 = $104
$104 x 0.3846% = $~4
How Will My Customers React?
- The percentage added to each transaction has minimal impact on the individual customer. The savings for you, the business owner, are quite significant.
- The cash discount program is being implemented in thousands of businesses across the country. It is an ever-expanding practice as business owners seek to maximize revenue and reduce expenses. The customer is already accustomed to such surcharges since state and federal programs have allowed it for decades. Whether it is a driver’s license renewal, college tuition payment or any other state or federal payment made by credit card, a fee is charged to cover the merchant processing.
- Since the customer is already accustomed to seeing these fees, it is viewed as nothing more than a small price to pay for the convenience of using a credit card.
- Most customers actually want to use their credit cards rather than cash to maximize the particular rewards program associated with the customer’s card. This is particularly true with large purchases such as cars, trucks, or even expensive cosmetic procedures or vacations.